Saturday, March 12, 2005

Theater Mimics Life (or something)

Yes I am an aerospace engineering major. yes I have other interests. I have been doing theater since seventh grade (unless you count playing mrs. rabbit in second grade). I love improv and scenework. This quarter I am taking an upper division theater class. I am super into it, and spend a lot of time rehearsing. Currently, I am working on my final scene from Miss Julie. I play an feministic and self-destructive aristocrat who has 'encounters' with her father's valet.

Today, I went up to the valley to study poolside at my aunts house. She inquired about my love life. When I told her of past events, she said something to the effect of, "you are a lot like me, we shouldnt date guys who are too nice. We end up training him like a dog until we are bored." Interestingly enough, my character, Miss Julie, trains her fiance by making him jump over her riding crop, until he got sick of it and broke off the engagement. I am not this extreme, but it definitely made me think. My aunt also said, "you need a guy who will make you work for him". I dont know about this 'work' business, but I definitely need a guy with a strong personality who will challenge me. The problem is, guys dont want to be challenged. Those kind of guys are intimidated by me, and feel threatened by my 'opinions'.

I am so over LA, my petty/spoiled roomates (at times), arrogant UCLA guys, etc. I am not bitter however. Just patiently waiting for a better situation or a miracle. Everyone keeps saying I have some good luck coming...

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Sounds like a play I was in my junior year of high school. I think it was called "When the phone rings twice." Basically, a mother gives her newly married daughter the secret to a happy marriage -- a dog training manual to use on her husband. When he finds out, hilarity ensues.

Trust me on the boys scenario, you'll find him after you completely give up looking. It's an unwritten physics law or something.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Natty said...

I'm not looking. Just pessimistic about his existance. You are very encouraging though.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

LOL, he exists. He's out there. Just remember that every "one in a million" guy has nine others just like him; and that's in LA alone...

That was a really clumsy sentence, but you get the idea.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home