Saturday, February 26, 2005

Giving Up On Love

I have been single now for nearly a week. But before that, I was not single for nearly a month. A whole month. I was fairly unhappy the entire time. What is wrong with me? I have mentioned before that I am afraid of committment. But lately, I dont really think thats the problem. I am just entirely too picky. Its not enough for a guy to be intelligent and sweet. Most every guy I have dated in the past was very different than me. I like that, but I realize its necessary to have things in common. I have decided there are a few vital qualities I will need in my next boyfriend: intelligence, a love for the outdoors, good sense of humor, good taste in music, honesty, and trust (I dont do jealousy, I have way too many guy friends). Oh, and he has to be an amazing kisser. It would be nice if they appreciated math/science because its super important to me, but not integral (hehe).

So why have I dated anyone? For several reasons, none of them being a need for a boyfriend. I have always thought: this guy is really nice, would never hurt my feelings, dating is fun, and perhaps my feelings for him will grow. I also have dated someone because I thought it would help me get over my feelings for someone else. How logical. I have, surprisingly, found someone that is as close to perfect for me as I have found so far in my life. But of course, nothing will come of it. And so, I vow to continue being single until I find someone who is nothing less than an excellant match for me.

Also, the Ataris "Giving up on love" is an awesome song to listen to when you realize you will be single for a long time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's NOTHING wrong with being "too picky"! Why should we settle for anything less than perfect? We shouldn't. ESPECIALLY girls like us who have a lot of offer. And that's why we don't like commitment: we rarely find people who live up to our deservingly high standards. We rock, and we can't help it, and shouldn't settle for less! ;D So cheers to hot, single women! There's nothing wrong with that! :D Love you!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

No worries, he's out there probably under your nose. I promise you, he'll show up when you least expect it. Staying clear of the ones that don't stack up is the hard part. Hang in there!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Natty said...

I'm glad someone thinks I'm funny, even if youre related to me.

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home