Monday, February 14, 2005

V-Day (like D-Day?)

I love holidays. I become very enthusiastic around even smaller holidays. If I had to pick a least favorite holiday, it would be Colombus Day (he killed my people), and then Flag Day (boring), and then Valentines Day. Valentines Day is usually hated by singles, however, I never feel like a bitter single on that day. Perhaps thats because I am a committment phobe, and a feminist. Thats right, a feminist. I do not think such phrases as 'Be Mine' encourage individuality in a relationship. The gifts given on this day are also ridiculous. How is eternal love represented by flowers that will die in a few days? This is the only day of the year where it is acceptable to give adults teddy bears. So weird.
I usually take this day to aknowledge my friends. Its a great excuse to give cards and bake cookies; my favorite holiday activities. I have only been in a relationship once on V-day, and I gave him a glass chess set (very sexy). As for this year, I have warned I dont want flowers, and plan on a low-key dinner, devoid of mush. I wish you all the Valentines Day you crave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home