Monday, November 08, 2004

Blonde vs Redhead

I promise every post won't be like this one and 'Chaste in LA'. I base entries by what is going on in my life...so I dont really choose. Anyhow, I have always been a blonde, until last Friday. When I woke up Friday morning I had no intention of making such alterations to my appearance, yet somehow found myself near a drugstore, and thought I would go for it. I had been meaning to dye my hair darker, but always grew timid when actually considering the change. I had always been concerned that it may turn out unsatisfactory and I would be unable to return to the original color. I guess now I just dont care as much. Hair seems trivial compared everything else going on in my life.
Well, the reviews have been good. I am undecided as to if I like it; I was going for something darker and less red. I thought that I would get less attention with darker hair, but the opposite has occured. Friday night at Maloney's, a MTV casting recruiter approached me about being on a new dating show. I looked behind me for a second, and then asked, "are you talking to me?". The guy responded, "yeah, I think you're hot." I dont think I am particularly unattractive, but definitely dont consider myself an MTV, los angeles sort of hot. I am sort of opposed to the dating show idea, but money is always good, so I may schedule the interview.
Also, today, this guy in my aircraft propulsion class who I have never spoken to, said, "looking good!" as he passed by my seat. weird. I am not really a fan of this sort of attention, so may consider 'mousy brown' as my next hair color.
Apparently I have quirky taste in men also. At the rockwall, I mentioned that the guy on the elliptical machine was cute, and the guys totally made fun of me. Corrine enters, so they ask her to rate him numerically (from 1 to 10) and share the first word that comes to mind. She responds with '5' and 'gay'. I would think that people would want there to be different standards of 'attractive'. Not everyone is a barbie or ken look-alike, nor would I desire them to be. Someone has to think lanky guys with glasses are hot. As well as every other 'type'. Just for the record, I dont really have a 'type', every guy I have dated has been extremely different. I am dissapointed that even laid back climbers are somewhat superficial. Also, sweatervests on guys are awesome.

2 Comments:

Blogger Natty said...

Rob, you are an awesome brother. I think its great that you read my blog. Its a really cool dynamic now that we are both adults. Hope Cal Poly is treating you well. See ya soon.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Harish Kumar said...

Was just passing by.Found your posts to be really interesting.
Can identify with what you must have gone through - grew a moustache for three weeks.Unfortunately,I was trying to trim it this morning and it was so bad,I had to shave it off :(

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home