Friday, September 03, 2004

The Rasta Prince

So I have moved into my new apartment on Landfair. The building is really cute and I have a parking spot. The three girls I will be living with and one that is living here now, all have boyfriends (I saw one's penis). Being around all these females with attachments made me think...is my magnetic field in the wrong direction? Am I repelling any guy that is boyfriend material? Yes. I have no idea how this happens, I realize missed opportunities after they occur. Here is a very relevant example of how much of a nerd I am.
When Jenny and I couldnt make Reggae On The River this summer, I was forced to sell my tickets two days before the festival. I put up an ad on craigslist, selling the tickets at cost (I think making profit goes against the message of the festival). About a hundred people emailed me in response. I started calling them immediately, and everyone had already found tickets. I was very nervous I wouldnt be able to find a buyer. The day before I went up north, I called a guy who still needed tickets...and was overwhelmed with joy. He sounded really chill, and I was excited get some money (I owe my mom lots). We met late afternoon at Sebastopol's Whole Foods. This guy was the hottest man I have ever seen. Probably not typically hot, but if I had a 'type', it would be him. He is tall, blond, blue eyed, shaggy haircut, Birkenstocks, hemp clothing. A 23 year old starving artist from Petaluma, who lives in Santa Cruz, and loves reggae. It doesnt get much more attractive than that. After talking about the festival for a bit, here is the conversation.

"Yeah, so, I am not leaving for Humboldt until midnight."
"Just hanging around Sebastopol?"
"Yeah, I dont really have anywhere else to go."
"Not much to do around here."
"Whats going on across the street?"
"Oh, thats the local town jam session."
"Well...(pause), I guess I will check that out...(pause), since I will be here for awhile."
"Yeah, you should, see ya later!"

That is as accurate as my memory allows. I am such a nerd. I got home and told my family about the amazingly hot guy I met. My grandma said, "You should have invited him over." And that is why she probably gets more ass than I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home