Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Unexpected Summer

So...this summer has been surprising in many ways. I thought I would be spending lots of time climbing, golfing, and buying awesome gear. Unfortunately, I broke my arm (both bones at the wrist); and though I work frustrating eight hour shifts at REI, I struggle to pay rent and eat a nuitritious diet. Its not all bad though; I feel I have found several new insights into my life. The first of which is...dont roughouse in heels. Living in a fraternity has been very interesting...I fear to elaborate. But after urine-filled water bottles, unidentified winged bugs, and being sexiled by my roomates friend...I dont mind a smelly mini-fridge and not having a door (Its impossible to remain modest). I also know exactly how much alcohol it takes before I turn into a rambling, violent/slutty, idiot, with zero motor skills. Having broken bones suck...showering with a plastic bag is annoying and sleeping/hooking up is fairly awkward. The drugs however, are wonderful, especially mixed with previously mentioned alcohol (vicodin/codeine). Some cast quotes before this entry turns sentimental:

"This is what happens when you dont eat meat" -Marni
"Beer dont = balance" -Drew
"I did this" -Arbi
"Arbi is a bitch"-Clayton
"Lets have sex" -Henry
"This will teach you to have dinner ready on time" -Chris G

If you have something more witty...you are welcome to submit. In the next weeks, I eagerly await the return of an amazing friend, Ramona, from across the pond. Much fun and scandal will take place when we get together again. Now for the mushy part. I am not very good with emotional stuff and there is something I have wanted to tell someone, but never could. So here it is:

You have been there for so many changes in my life. When I met you, I was in my first relationship, was kissed by you in my second, and you reminded me I deserved better when I was called 'ignorant' and 'slut' in my third. We joke about being together romantically and act extremely affectionate when we are together. If I ever loved anyone (I dont claim to understand that word), it was you. I know it was always bad timing, neither of us could do a long distance thing, and our spiritual beliefs differ greatly...but I always thought there might be a chance we would end up together. Last time I saw you I felt differently. I still care about you immensely and hope we will remain life-long friends, but I have matured. I am in a good state of mind, and know myself better than I ever have. You have been, and will remain, an amazing and integral part of my life.

Alright, I had to get that out of my system...I promise more light-hearted entertainment in the next installment.

2 Comments:

Blogger T - Another Geek Girl said...

Your a very good writer.
And FUNNY too.
Sexiled by my roomates friend... LMAO!

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You fuck with me. I break your arm. It's that simple.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home