Wednesday, May 19, 2004

An Epic Begins

So, I used to think that posting diary-like entries on the internet was self-indulgent and ridiculous. However, I have since warmed to the idea. I used to keep a physical journal, but my handwriting is so atrocious, I couldnt read past entries, especially the ones filled with emotion. I would like to thank my brother, Robbie, for helping me set this up. I can never seem to figure out the simple stuff in life. To start off my site, here is a poem I wrote while driving on the 405, on the way to take two midterms.

I sit in the outer circle of my life
Watching her play my cards,
Going all in, when I know he has the kicker,
Foolish decisions, inspired by liquid confidence,
Sometimes she lets me play,
Even with a lucky deal, I fold.
Intimidation is great and I grow fearful,
So I let her play, hand after hand,
Positive either way I will go home with light pockets.

So, I felt fairly artsy after the urge to write washed over me. I considered going for a tortured artist look, but I am unable to apply eyeliner. So for now, I will stick with the nerdy/liberal/outdoorsy confusing combo of an image I got going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home