Saturday, August 28, 2004

Luck of the Irish

Apparently, being a quarter Irish is irrelevant. I often say I am unlucky and have many examples to prove it. Last night I had a very unlucky night of poker. I am first to admit that how much I drink and how much money I win is inversly proportional. However, even after eight shots of rum, I know to bet big when you flop a king high flush, and are leaving soon. I went all in after the turn card (slowplaying), with no pairs on the board. After much deliberation, a much respected friend called me. He had paired up hole cards. And got a full house on the river. Absolutely ridiculous. I am tempted to calculate the odds. Anyhow, afterwards I played beer pong for the first and second time. I discovered I really suck at that game. Well, at least I have my health....oh wait, I have a broken arm. Damn.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how you failed to mention the subsequent-to-beer-pong alcohol poisoning... Guess that being a quarter Irish IS irrelevant ;D haha Kidding

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me (K), by the way

4:13 PM  
Blogger Natty said...

Yeah...nobody wants to hear about the post-beer pong part of the night. I had fun...but could have done without the rest of the night.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home