Tuesday, March 01, 2005

LA Casanovas

After spending 15 hours around campus today, I have finally returned home and am completely unmotivated to study. On a positive note, my theater professor compared me to De Niro and Redford. Thats about the best thing that has happened recently. What a sad nerdy life I am living. Anyhow, Saturday was my one night of freedom this week. Oddly enough, I usually end up hitting the bars with female friends. I definitely dont go to bars to meet or talk to males, since the conversation is usually incredibly shallow and they never believe anything I say anyhow. I like hanging out with my friends, but man, there are way creepy guys in this town.

To begin with, I prepartied at two locations then went to Temple Bar with Kathy. I knew the bartender and the bouncer, so we got hooked up with big cheap drinks. There was a blonde decent looking guy with his friend at the bar who started talking to us. He looked a little older, so I asked him how old he was. He said 35. Trying to end the conversation politely, I said, "yeah, so you have the same name as my brother, weird". That wasnt strong enough, so I tried, "yeah, so my mom is turning 40 this summer". Unexpectedly, he said, "wow, I am kind of turned on by that". Soon after we decided to leave Temple Bar.

We stopped by work to get my coat, and my manager got the opportunity to see me wasted and stumbling. Then, we ended up talking to this older lady who was sitting outside. She was kind of an empowering feminist, but also seemed very lonely. At this point I was fearing my own future, and grateful for my dislike of cats.

Next stop was across the street at a dumpy sports bar. Surprisingly, there were a lot of young people there. The older bald bartender grew affectionate of Kathy and if I were less trashed I would have helped her discourage him. When we walked in, I saw a tall dorky looking guy with a largeish nose, and mentioned he was cute. The details become very fuzzy at this point, but I ended up talking to him. The only thing I remember him saying is, "I'm an Ivy Leaguer". Even the nerdy guys in LA are insanely arrogant.

Oh, also, that night I took my car key instead of my apartment key, and was locked out of my place until noon the next day. I had to crash on a friend's couch and in the morning, I was forced to go to 7-11 for water in my very uncomfortable heels and short skirt. Such bad luck.

I really look forward to leaving this town. But until grad school, I only have weekends and spring break. Death of a Desperado was written prematurely, since I didnt get to go home that weekend. But I will be heading up north in a few days, and awesomely enough, it's barrel tasting weekend! So stoked, but I should get back to my lengthy and tedious lab report...

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

So exactly what engineering major are you? I'm guessing a Mechanical, but I really have no clue. By the way you love alcohol, you would probably be a Mining engineer at our school.

Yeah, if a guy brags about being an "Ivy Leaguer" then he's saying one of two things:
"I'm going to be in debt up to my eyeballs in a few years." or "I'm the shit cause Mom and Dad are rich and pay for me."

6:28 AM  
Blogger Natty said...

I'm Aerospace, but may get a masters in Mechanical. Not sure whats happening yet. Yeah, rich kids are a huge turnoff for me. They dont appreciate anything they have and are used to getting whatever they want.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Natty said...

yeah, I do actually. They are spoiled little buggers. Its our job to toughen them up. Like when we made Cam cry by making fun of his mullet.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home