Sunday, June 18, 2006

Living in a Town of Saints

I have been in Idaho for about five days now. Overall, it is way less boring than I thought it would be. There is a great place in town that serves good wine and beer, and when we went they had a jazz quartet. The guys that live in my building are fun; we play poker and drink lots of beer together. Last night a few of us even shotgunned some natty lite. It was hilarious. I have drank every night I've been here... there isn't a whole lot more to do. Last night we went on a beer/liquor run, but discovered the liquor stores arent open past 9pm on friday and saturday, 6pm during the week, and not at all on sunday. They dont sell liquor in grocery stores... it's very different.

It's a very nice area to live. There is a river running through the town, and paths all around it. Last night four of us went on a 'run' near the river. The altitude killed me, I ended up walking most of the five miles. On the plus side of altitude effects, its much easier for me to feel buzzed.

I haven't gotten too much into work yet, mostly just been badged and attended presentations. I will be working about an hour away though, taking a bus, and will end up being gone about 12 hours a day. The hours will be difficult at first, but it will be nice to have every other friday off. I will probably be doing hands-on materials lab stuff, which will be awesome. My mentor is really nice, fairly young, and super athletic. I totally thought he would be like 60 and all the other fellows would be antisocial. Things are about as good as they could be.

Quotes:

B- "From the back, you guys look like a mormon couple"

me- "this car isn't a rice rocket!"
M-"that's true, it's not even a rice."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home