Sunday, April 30, 2006

Phases of Loss

Everyone says there is an angry phase of breaking up. I'm not sure I will have this one... It's more like I think he's being stupid. He says he wants to be friends, but is avoiding making plans with me. He says he doesnt want to rehash things, but doesnt want to start over. He has convinced himself I am someone I'm not, and is not even receptive to the chance he could be wrong. He blames all the good times on the 'honeymoon phase'. Basically, he has fully convinced himself of a whole different 'reality' of how things happened. I wouldnt want to have a deeper relationship and definitely not raise children with someone who can so easily walk away and forget...

The hardest part about the whole situation, of course, is losing a friend. I love my friends. I spend most of my life being single and happy about it, because my friends bring me a fuller sense of happiness than a relationship at times. I mean, my relationship with Ian was the first time I really wanted something to work, and the first time I could see a future with someone else. Friendships, however, last much longer in my life, and don't involve much drama. The only hard times are when my friends are in relationships, and put their friends on the backburner...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home