Monday, February 20, 2006

Absence Makes The Heart....

I know it sounds obvious, but my relationship isnt perfect anymore. For a few months, it was so amazing, I couldn't get enough of it. Now there is a certain comfort level. And sometimes he takes it personally when I get into an irritated mood. I know I am not perfect: I'm stubborn, moody, and perfectionistic. We have had a couple of rough nights from mostly miscommunication.

I have never met someone I got along with better than Ian. I hope I can deal with the second phase of a relationship, since I have very little experience with it. It is intimidating when you grow closer with someone, and have something to lose. I am so comfortable with myself, that often I feel like a loner. It is weird to have someone so voluntarily involved in my life (as opposed to obligatory family relationships). This week he is on a business trip, and it's like I have forgotten how I used to spend so much time entertaining myself. It will be an interesting experience for me to adapt to a serious relationship.

In other news, I was accepted to UCLA for graduate school. It's kind of funny, because everyone assumes I am going to stay. If I get into another school, it will be a difficult decision. I hate LA and really want to live somewhere else. But also, I like the research I am doing, and I have friends, family, and a boyfriend here.

Robert: sorry I didnt get to the challenge, I have been super busy with school stuff lately.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

That's okay, you participated in most of the nerd assignments. Now that I have a normal eight to five business day and no homework, I look back and wonder how all that studying was fun. Somehow I enjoyed the stress and exams. But I'd also never want to do it again...

Congratulations on the grad program acceptance and the boyfriend. I'm sure you'll figure out a good fit for both of them.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home