Sunday, November 13, 2005

Supermarket Stare-down

Most stressful places: supermarket, LA freeways, DMV

So, I often buy food at Whole Foods, because I am often too busy to cook. Today after spending some time in the lab, I stopped by there to pick up a couple of things. Now, when I go to the store, I know exactly what I want to buy and am in a hurry to get out of there. I always forget though, that on Sundays, everyone is out with rugrats. Anyhow, today I was only getting a tamale, almond milk, and salsa. I am in line holding the mentioned items, in addition to my wallet and keys. I had my arms full and the tamale was very warm. In front of me, is a c0uple and their two children. The dad is wearing a USC t-shirt, and his son is wearing a USC hat and t-shirt. They are only purchasing water bottles. The kids think that moving their groceries back on the belt is the best game ever. They continue to move the bottles back, preventing me from putting my items on the belt. This continues for a ridiculous amount of time. I give a glare to the father, he looks at my UCLA shirt, his kids, and does nothing. The same reaction is given when I glare at the mother. I was never too into the rivalry, but now, I hate USC and their alums' bratty spoiled kids. Whew, I feel a lot better now. I hope we put up a good fight on Dec 3rd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home