Sunday, June 19, 2005

I MUST Win

Thursday and Friday were not happy for me. I was in an awful mood and stressed about moving. Friday after work I finally finished moving my stuff to pikapp. Everyone was celebrating graduation/end of the school year. I ended up playing drinking poker at 230am (after moving). I wasnt so lucky at poker and was forced to drink some whiskey (yuck!). Then the guys and I went out to the basketball court. We played knockout. Okay, I havent played basketball in about 7 years. I still felt the need to prove my shooting skills to the 6 guys playing. I am intensely competitive, especially with males and sports. It gets really bad when Ive been drinking. I get loud; brag when I win, and get pissed when I lose. Its like the most important thing to me is that I am considered 'one of the guys'. Its very odd. Anyhow, I impressed a new-comer with my beer chugging skills (lost a bet), and won a round of knockout. The room I am living in for the next two months is the 'party room'. I only got 3 hours of sleep.

My 6.5 hour drive up north was long but well worth it. I love it up here. So relaxing. After 2 or 3 months in LA, I feel really uptight and anxious. Coming up here is so calming. Wine tasting and eating good food in the nice weather is amazing. This trip I even got to sing kareoke (my fair lady, frank sinatra, ace of base). I also got to see my AP US history teacher play in his rock band at a party thing. It was so fun. I like hanging out with my parents' friends. I also get to take home some kick ass wine (thanks!).

In other news: I started my research position; it will be pretty intense. I have to learn about a lot of new things before I even really start experimenting. Also, I have been spending some time with a tall Jewish guy. We come from extremely different upbringings, but he is sexy and makes me laugh.

Word I like: viscous, raging, intense, awesome, and esoteric.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Hell yeah needing to win a sexy jewish guy! Congratulations - I told you he'd come...

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home