Monday, May 16, 2005

35 Bottles Later...

Last night was my 2nd quarterly wine tasting. As far as the turnout, it was as successful as the last tasting. We had 40 glasses, and ran out toward the end. In the morning I counted 35 empty wine bottles. I was surprised, since most of the climbers went to Bishop, and I knew a couple other friends that couldnt make it. I was behind the table pouring most of the time, which was totally cool with me. That way, I get to say hello to everyone, without being obligated to talk to anyone for a long period of time.

I got drunk pretty quickly. I havent been drinking as much so my tolerance is much lower. Also, that day I ran 9 miles in awful heat. Interestingly, that night my roomate discovered I have my tongue pierced. We have only been living together for nine months. The night before the tasting, I had a dream that my two favorite wine glasses were broken. Throughout the night, I was super paranoid that someone would break a nice glass. Only one glass was broken, and it wasnt one I am emotionally attached to. And this time I didnt break any glasses while washing dishes. sweet.

Also, this guy, TF, that I have a crush on made an appearance. I was very surprised that he came. He showed up close to three hours late. By then I was wasted. The worst part is, that Ro knew he was coming. If I had known I would have stayed more sober. The rumor is that he came straight from the airport. If so, thats crazy cool. I have no idea what I talked about with him, but I hope it wasnt terribly embarrassing. I am so awkward when I first get to know guys. But, if they make it past that, they figure out how awesome I am.

One month til summer...

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Hmmm... Here's a good pick up line for you:

I'm in a short play with a kissing scene. Wanna help me practice my lines?

3:00 PM  
Blogger Natty said...

hehe

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home