Friday, April 15, 2005

Why Lie?

Lying sucks. Recently, I discovered my very close friend was lying to me. I would ask her a question, she would lie to me, and then ten minutes to a day later tell me the truth. This has been the most upset I have been with this friend in 8 years. We had a drunken night of tears and 'I love you dude', and things are slightly better now.

I dont understand why people lie. I cant think of a situation in which I would prefer to be lied to. The motivation for it is irrelevant. People say, 'they were trying to protect your feelings'. I dont need anyone to baby my feelings. I guarantee that whatever you say to me I can deal with. I am not an orphan, or have been beaten by alcoholic parents, but I have dealt with fairly serious situations in my life. I have become very tough emotionally.

It is much easier to forgive someone for making a mistake, than to rebuild trust. I have trouble trusting people to begin with. In theater class this week, my teacher was talking about how you only have one soulmate, and when you meet them you have to realize it. He said if you have barriers up, you may miss out on your one chance, and die alone. This was seriously scary to me.

Anyhow, the rest of my life is going wonderfully. I have been working out a lot, eating healthy, and not drinking as much. My classes are really interesting, and I am trying to figure out what I am going to do after college. I am looking forward to summertime. I am ready to move out of my apartment, and into the fraternity house. I hope this summer will be as fun as last year.

Quotes:

"She had a little problem with pregnancy... she was pregnant." -coworker
"...you sound hot and busy" - this guy that called my phone by mistake, and left a message, he had a sexy phone voice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home