Sunday, April 17, 2005

Cheese is Tasty

I'm in love. With a 1997 Nebbiolo. I found this awesome wine this weekend, while wine tasting in santa barbara county. No, I was not doing the Sideways tour. This bottle of wine was enjoyed with friends from high school, on a sunny day, on a hill with a beautiful view, in my new wine glasses. This bottle of wine was the reason I tasted some Irish cheese. Yes, thats right, I havent had dairy in about 7 years, but I had a bite of cheese this weekend. And it was glorious. Wine tasting was amazing. We got VIP treatment at all the wineries, thanks to Jesse, just like I am used to. Other than being called 'pretentious', and being forced to try white wines and merlot, it was a perfect day of tasting. And I stayed well within my purchasing limit of a case.

After tasting, we enjoyed two jammy cabs, and went to local parties. I feel old at house parties. Ro was waiting for the restroom, and made small talk with another girl waiting in line. The girl was like, "you're graduating? You must be like 22!". The girl was 18. I guess once you get to be as old as we are, you shouldnt stray far from the retirement home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

No cheese huh? Lactose intolerant?

I can totally relate to feeling old. I look around campus and most of my friends have graduated, and I would much rather watch a movie or sleep than hang out at a bar. I just don’t have the time to meet new people. I’m definitely ready to graduate.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Natty said...

I'm sure thats how I will feel as a super senior next year. Best of luck in your post-college lifestyle.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home