Thursday, April 21, 2005

Bar Stool For One Please

Life has been pretty awesome lately. I have chosen the grad schools I want to apply to, possibly have a research position, and love my classes. I am planning my second wine tasting, have been working out nearly every day (yoga, running, water polo, etc), and been eating super healthy. I haven’t been drinking as much either. Usually I only have one drink a night (wine mostly). Last night I didn’t drink at all, but that’s because I smoked and forgot I wanted a beer.

Hopefully I will be going out tonight. It has been odd lately, since most of my friends are in relationships. They aren’t into going out as much. It’s funny, last night I was watching Sex in the City with my roommate and Ro, and I said, “I can’t imagine getting married”. She replied, “I can’t imagine you married”. This reminded me of a comment made by my friend, E: “I think you’re better off alone”. He meant it in a ‘you’re so independent’ way, but I was a little hurt.

It’s probably all true. I can’t imagine dating someone for more than two weeks, let alone years. The smallest and stupidest things irritate me. This one guy used to lay his head on my shoulder when I drove; that bothered me. But most of all I don’t like the way he says good-bye on the phone (like buuh-bye). This other guy would always want to cuddle when we were falling asleep. I hated that. I mean, I like to cuddle sometimes, but when it comes to sleeping, I need my space. In my actor/writer workshop, our teachers are married. The husband is always interrupting the wife to tell these ridiculously long stories with no point to them. I would not put up with that. Perhaps I am unromantic, or haven’t met the right guy, but I just don’t see it happening.

This stuff doesn’t really concern me now though. I am focused on my bright academic future and moving in with my best friend. In the interim I need to find some drinking buddies…

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

You'll find him. Even the ones that seem perfect have thier fatal flaws. I am definitely really bad with words at times. J usually knows this and just laughs at me though.

In time there will be a guy that you find cute -- even when he annoys the crap out of you...

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home