Monday, May 29, 2006

The Really Stupid Game

This weekend I made plans to check out a new wine bar. When we arrived, the place was closed so we went to another random bar. It turned out to be my new favorite bar. There were very few women and many hot guys, most in my target age range of 26-32. They were for the most part chill and scruffy guys; just my type. I even saw one tall cute jewish guy wearing 'European' woven sandals.

So I went with a female friend and her male roomate. We got drinks and found a table in a corner and began to people watch. There was this one tall and lanky guy (with glasses) who I made eye contact with. I did the whole, make eye contact, smile shyly, and then look down. Over the next hour, the guy looked over A LOT, and at one point was fully staring. One of his friends was facing the opposite direction and fully turned 180 degrees to look over. I also caught his other friend at the table looking at me. So, my friends went to the bathroom, and I was alone at the table for like 10 minutes.... The guy never came over. WTF?! I am so sick of how lazy guys in LA are.

So, we went to leave, and these guys started talking to us. The one talking to me was conventionally very hot (sort of short though), and I wasn't really into anything he said. Here is a summary of our convo:

Him: "[something not decipherable]"

Me: "Do I hate men?"

Him: "No, are you hateing?"

Me: "Oh. No. I was just thinking."

Him: "About what?"

Me: "Why a guy would check me out for over an hour and never come talk to me."

Him: "Why didn't you talk to him?"

Me: "Because I shouldn't have to. Guys in LA get to date women normally above their league, and so they get lazy. It's totally ridiculous.....(etc)"

Him: "Blah, blah, blah, maybe insecure, blah, blah" (I stopped listening to him and started listening to the guy M was talking to. He was pretending he was bulimic. Hilarious.)

Me to M: "Hey, we should go..."

I am totally going back to that bar; it was like heaven on Earth.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting comments about it's the guy who should do the work. So do you spend most of your time during sex watching or participating vigorously. My feeling after reading this is you're a 'watcher'. Relationships are two-way, and it's not about duty but about need. In life there are those who are 'watchers' and 'waiters' (not in the restaurant sense), and 'actors' (not in the movie sense). Take action next time. Be vigorous in life. And for fun, go watch the movie Amelie (it's foreign), it's just what you need to see there's more to life than what you see.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Wow you've been busy. It took me half an hour of reading just to catch up. Sorry to hear about Ian, but I think you have the right outlook. Be grateful for the relationship, change what is in your control, and don't sweat the rest. Good to hear you are still alive!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Natty said...

thanks Robert...you disappeared for awhile there

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home