Sunday, May 28, 2006

Search for the Next Ex

Now that I'm single, I have been keeping my eyes open. I am not looking to seriously date or even hook up with anyone, but I have been noticing smart cute guys. The thing is, every potential or whatever guy I've met has a girlfriend of more than a year, a fiancee, or even a wife. The only single, cute, smart, and funny guys I know are friends of mine.

I brought up this theory I have about marriage the other day in lab, and surprisingly, this guy totally agreed with me. Basically, the theory is that when a guy is ready for marriage, he proposes to a convenient girl. For engineers, this usually occurs in grad school or when you have your first job. It's amazing how many coworkers get married. It's like when guys decide they are ready for something serious they fall subject to their lazy nature, and pick out a girl who is already around. My mother's first serious relationship was with a coworker, and she married our next door neighbor. I can't even think of anyone who is married or engaged who didnt meet at school or work.

I guess in a way its promising. I mean, I dont have to worry about finding my 'soulmate' or anything, I can just wait around until one of my coworkers decides he wants to settle down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home