Sunday, June 25, 2006

In a Different Country...

Idaho is really fun because of the people I am here with... but there are some times when I feel like I'm in the middle of nowhere. For instance, I have had some problems with keeping up my grooming practices. I have been to three stores and none of them had my hair color. They only carry like two shades of blonde... so I am having my mom send my color to me. I finally found a place that does eyebrow waxing... but they don't do it well. The girl totally messed up my brows, but at least they will grow back. From now on, I only want asian women to wax my brows.

After that horrible experience, I was nervous to get a haircut. For various reasons, I didn't get a cut before I left LA. I have had the same guy cut my hair for years, and was very scared to have someone else cut it. It turned out to be a good experience, except when the 24 year old hairdresser asked me, "Are you married?... I was the last of my friends to get married (at 22!)."

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Man! I'm going to have to check in on you more often. Sounds like you are having quite a time up in Idaho. I was actually born in Boise up there. What part of Idaho do you live/work in? My grandparents live up there, so I can attest to the very different culture. Lots of cowboy hats and small towns...and the air smells like Pinetrees. Is this a summer internship or full time? Are you still shooting for a masters or looking to be employed for a while? I can understand how hard it is to meet new people in a new city/town. I have a lot more trouble meeting people since I don't drink beer or go to bars. ;-) Good to hear that everything is going good though. Keep me updated and let me know where you are up there.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Natty said...

hey man! I am in Idaho Falls for the summer. Its a great fellowship, but I am returning to CA for grad school...

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home