Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Best EVER

Saturday was the best day of my life; it will be difficult for my wedding to top it. Saturday UCLA beat USC for the first time in 8 years! I was with some awesome friends at a bar, sharing a room with USC fans. They refused to believe I was from California, since I have an 'accent', which was weird. Everything was friendly until the 4th quarter, when they stopped talking to us. They got worried. Woah, we may actually win this game. I was in complete disbelief until the clock was at zero and we ran downstairs to celebrate with tons of other Bruins. A few days earlier I had told a USC reporter that this was my 6th year at UCLA and it was time for us to beat 'SC. Oh, and I totally said that Cowan should start. We have had a disappointing season, but this is worth it (and now we are ranked 25th in BCS). I left the bar crying tears of joy. It was amazing. The trip to westwood was fun; we saw a fire and were filmed 8-clapping and being roudy outside a campus bar. Liter beers + yelling at the tv whenever highlights come on = fun times.

I said during the game I would consider getting my Phd at UCLA if we won... but that probably won't happen. School is miserable these days. I am sick and my toe still hurts and I have an impossible amount of work to do this week. I feel like I am constantly disappointing my professors, and if you know me well, you know I put more than enough pressure on myself. 10 days til break... I love christmastime and can't wait to actually enjoy it.

Netflix update: Numb3rs is an amazing show (up there with House and Grey's). This week I will learn why men choose the simple girls (the way we were).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home